Thursday, January 23, 2014

Roses and Dots Cakespiration

It's been a long time since I've done a cakespiration! If you are a new reader, every once in awhile I like to do what I call a cakespiration. What it is, is I find or come across a photo of a cake and recreate as best I can, the same design on my nails or something very similar based on the cake. I love doing this because there are so many beautiful cakes out there and most of the time the designs aren't terribly complicated and they make perfect inspiration for nail art!

So today's look is kind of funky with different sized black dots and red roses. Please forgive my leaves. I know they're awful. It was the first time trying one stroke with acrylic paint and I failed miserably. So, just ignore that but I am in love with how my roses turned out! I also used acrylic paint for those. My white base is Nina Ultra Pro "French White" and the dots are Orly "Liquid Vinyl".



Here is the cake that inspired my look tonight. This cake was made by Graceful Cake Creations. Totally cute right?!




So what do you guys think of this as a design on the nails? I'm digging it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you guys! Leave me a thought!