Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Zebra Print Nails + Tutorial

Mermaid or Zebra? Haha. Well this is definitely zebra print but the colors make it look a bit like mermaids, or is that just me? This is probably my most asked for tutorial and here it is....FINALLY!!! I didn't do my usual silver stripes this time but I wanted to go for something a little different.

I used Confetti "Center Stage" topped with Candied Lustre "Lil Galaxy" as my base. And for the zebra stipes I just used a teal Kiss stiper polish.

And as you may tell, I did file my nails. Let's face it, I'm just a short nails kind of gal.





Tutorial:

  1. Start off with your base color.
  2. Then with a striper polish or a thin brush and polish/paint, make a sort of "Y" shape but not too perfectly.
  3. Fill the "Y" shape with a sort of "V" shape and fill in the gap. Add two squiggly lines coming the opposite way on the tip of the nail.
  4. Higher up on the nail on the opposite side of the first one, make another "Y" shape with another "V" shape inside.
  5. Add two squiggly lines to the top of the nail coming from the opposite direction. Then towards the middle of your nail in between your two "Y" shapes, make a single squiggly line coming from each side.
Then leave it all to sit for a couple minutes before applying topcoat as to avoid any streaking. Apply your favorite topcoat and your done!



It's really so easy you guys! Once you get the hang of it you'll be doing it like a pro! Forget those stamping plates that leave you with the exact same unrealistic look every time. I much prefer freehand! 

Please tag your images with #looklusterlacquer if you decide to try this out! I hoped this helped some of you! Don't be afraid to ask questions!

xo, Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you guys! Leave me a thought!